Please find all the guideline presentations below.
Who Can Present?
Priority will be given to professionals working in an industrial, academic or consultative capacity within the field of dimensional metrology. Technical employees of vendor and metrology OEM companies will be accepted too, subject to the presentation criteria below.
2018 will see the biggest and best EPMC yet, with more technical content, more networking and more technical expertise than ever before.
We are interested to hear from you if you have developments to present that would include:
- Developments in metrology education
- Automation of metrology applications in shop floor environments
- Novel and unusual adaptations and applications of existing metrology technology
- Developments that will lead to the future of metrology
As well as sharing your work with a group of like-minded professionals, and helping to advance understanding and development within the field, your work will also be published on the EPMC website. Furthermore, the conference entrance fee for one speaker per presentation will be waived.
Send an abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org following the guidelines below. Your submission will be considered by the EPMC organising committee and you will receive confirmation by email within 5-7 working days.
EPMC is trialing a new presentation delivery system this year enabling us to show more presentations whilst still running the exhibition.
We invite all research presenters to also submit a poster. In addition we will accept content for presentation as a poster only.
The guidelines for presenters are as follows:
Your presentation should contain information that shares a development of portable dimensional metrology technology that would be considered to be beneficial to industrial end users and the metrology community as a whole.
- Content which is application oriented is particularly welcome
- Avoid detailed mathematical content where possible
- The EPMC conference programme is intended to be educational. Presentations which are sales focused will not be accepted.
- Presentations from vendors, and metrology OEMs will be accepted provided they are of a technical nature, relevant to the conference and relevant to a discipline of measurement technology, rather than a specific product.
- Presentations should be 25 minutes in length: 20 minutes of presentation followed by a 5 minute Q&A session.
- To make your application please email an abstract of your presentation, or the completed version if available, to us at email@example.com. Your application will then be reviewed by the organisers.
- Your presentation should focus on new research and development in portable dimensional metrology including such topics as:
- New instrumentation developments
- Developments in automation
- Mathematics and data processing.
- Presenters may be asked to give a 2 minute overview of their presentation to the wider conference audience during the plenary sessions. The overview should cover:
- Who you/your organisation are
- The topic of research
- What you hope to achieve
- How the industrial community will ultimately benefit from your work.
Abstracts should provide a very detailed overview of the content of your presentation – please include as much information as possible.
Please also confirm the name(s) of the person(s) who will be delivering the presentation along with their organisation and job title.
If the original presenter is unable to present on the day, the EPMC committee reserves the right to withdraw the presentation from the conference schedule.
Clearances – Copyrights
EPMC will publish your presentation on the EPMC website post event.
If your work must be cleared or approved by your institution, company or government agency before publication, please ensure the proper written approval documentation is granted allowing you to present by the listed dates above and provide copies to the EPMC Organising Team to protect the EPMC from legal infringement. Copyrights: If your final presentation detailed to the EPMC infringe on the copyrights of whom you are representing, where they will not allow the publication of your material outside the forum of the conference, please provide that documented information to the EPMC Organising Team to protect the EPMC from legal infringement.